ora-1031 when connect internal or / as sysdba locally

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:36:27 -0700

Dear all,

  I have this problem. When connect internal
or connect /as sysdba in svrmgrl, it gives me insufficient priviledge.  I connect it locally instead of remotly. I have not set up any password file or os authentication. It works well last week and suddenly happens today when I want to shutdown the db. The unix account I log into is in "dba" group which was created when Oracle software was installed.

I already asked everybody related. Nobody touched any system stuff.

Has anyone experienced this before?  It's on Sun Solaris 2.7 and oracle EE8.0.6.

Thanks for your advice.

Chuan Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 23:36:27 CDT