RE: DB on NT

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:10:57 -0700

I tend to leave out the sid in a datafile name, saves me from having to rename it, if i'm doing the transportable tablespace ordeal.

joe

>>> guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk 07/05/01 12:03PM
>>>ALso, what does "1GB" actually mean? That much data, if you
dumped itall out into a CSV file? A 1GB tablespace to hold all the data (and howis that tablespace organized)? 1GB being the sum of the sizes of all thedatafiles? So, even if there were such a saying, it would bemeaningless.What I like to do, and perhaps this is just me, is to have all thedatafiles within a tablespace the same size. So, if I calculated that Ineeded a 2G tablespace, I might create 4 500M datafiles, and when Ineeded more I would add more 500M datafiles. I just think this makesthings easier to manage, from a physical storage perspective. Andcontrary to the letter (rather than the spirit) of OFA, I namedatafiles:/<mount
Professional>>>-----Original Message----->Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 7:02 AM>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L>>>Hi,>>Regarding the issue of
databases larger than 1GB on NT, could someoneplease>explain this to me, as I was not aware of this 'saying'.>>Thanks in advance,>>Steven H.>>-----Original
Message----->Antje>Sent: 05 July 2001 10:51>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L>>>Hi,>I' hav to build up foolowing

matrix>>

DB Size  <..>Operating system>NT>Sun
Solaris>AIX>...>Has anyone a similar matrix to share?>Especially I'm interested in the size for NT.>I know there was a saying - put no database larger than 1 GB on a NT>machine.>Is this still true with 8.1.7 or is it stable with larger
databasesalso?>>Regards,>Antje>>>-->Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com>-->Author: Steven Hovington>   INET:
steven.hovington_at_procession.com>>Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051>San Diego, California
-- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists>-------------------------------------------------------------------->To
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message>to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in>the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L>(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may>also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).>-->Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com>-->Author: Mercadante, Thomas F>   INET:
NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>>Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051>San Diego, California
-- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message>to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in>the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L>(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may>also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author: Peter McLarty  INET: peter.mclarty_at_incts.comFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).--Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com--Author:
Guy Hammond  INET: guy.hammond_at_avt.co.ukFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 10:10:57 CDT