RE: Good Beginner Oracle book recommendations:

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_tdwaterhouse.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:40:14 -0700

A hearty second to both these books (though the Tuning Book is definitely something to look at later).
DBA 101 is perfect for where you are now.

I've finally gotten my copy of Tuning 101 and am breaking the spine to have it open on my desk. I snatch the opportunity to read pages in between phone calls and e-mails. Once things calm down (ha!) I intend to implement a thorough performance review of all our Oracle databases using that book. I'm really looking forward to it (in fact, the prospect of being able to do it is one of the few things keeping me here at the moment).

Jay Miller

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com

Author: Miller, Jay