Re: Multiple Oracle Instances on NT

From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz <bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:00:11 -0700

yOU CAN RUN SEVERAL ƯNSTANCES ON nT . I DO IT NOW.
NOTHING IS DIFFERENT. BUT DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE ONE INSTANCE DEFAULT .
<BLOCKQUOTE

  To: <A href="mailto:ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com"   title=ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L   Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 11:15
PM
  Subject: Multiple Oracle Instances on   NT

  Hi everyone -
  I have worked exclusively with Oracle on Unix, but not at all   with Oracle on NT.  Our users have come to us with a requirement to run   an application with their database on NT.  They want to build both a test   and production environment on the same NT box.   I would like to know some "basics" about running Oracle on   NT   -  can you run multiple instances of   Oracle on one NT machine   -  if so, what do   I need to look out for (ie. what things are different that a Unix   installation)   -  are any of the processes,   etc. drastically different - ie. security, networking, logging     -  what type of system requirements (ie. memory,   CPU) are needed on NT
  Thanks for any help you can give me! <FONT   size=2>Lisa Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 02:00:11 CDT