Multiple Oracle Instances on NT

From: Yttri, Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:19:16 -0700

Hi everyone -

I have worked exclusively with Oracle on Unix, but not at all with Oracle on NT.  Our users have come to us with a requirement to run an application with their database on NT.  They want to build both a test and production environment on the same NT box.

I would like to know some "basics" about running Oracle on NT
  -  can you run multiple instances of Oracle on one NT machine
  -  if so, what do I need to look out for (ie. what things are different that a Unix installation)
  -  are any of the processes, etc. drastically different - ie. security, networking, logging
  -  what type of system requirements (ie. memory, CPU) are needed on NT

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Lisa Received on Mon Jun 25 2001 - 14:19:16 CDT