RE: Crash Recovery

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:36:55 -0700

Check the existence of any trace files dated 20 hours ago or more recent ones.

Also if the killed transaction involved a big indexed table , then dropping all the indexes on that table can speed the recovery (if they are not locked) a lot.

This is if the transaction was inserting, or updating/deleting some of the indexed columns.

Regards,

Waleed

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 13:36:55 CDT