Re: contents of SGA

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:07:04 -0700

you are confusing the size of the SGA (System Global Area) which is 40M with the size of the shared pool, which you set to 10M

The shared pool is contained within the SGA, but is NOT the only component of the SGA. Also, depending on the version of Oracle you are running there may be default values associated with structures like the java pool which will add to the size of the SGA.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com