RE: Oracle Gateway Product for Progress Database

From: Zhong Hong <zhong_at_cantametrix.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:45:34 -0700

Actually Progress has a product called 'Oracle DataServer' which enables you connect to an Oracle database directly. And because of the nature of getting Progress codes to work against Oracle databases, query tuning is very different. If you need further info on this, feel free to email me directly.

Zhong
It's another beautiful day!

 From: "Tirumala, Surendra" <Surendra.Tirumala_at_am.sony.com>
 Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:04:01 -0400
 Subject: RE: Oracle Gateway Product for Progress Database

Sam,
Yes it is there. I didn't work much on the configurations , but I used to access a Progress database
through Gateway in my prevoius assignment.

Thanks

Suren
Oracle DBA
Sony Electronics Ltd.

Author: Sam Bootsma

  INET: SamB_at_cpas.com
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).