Re: (Fwd) RE: Oracle Application Development Tools - Statement of

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:03:23 -0700

Jared,

Thanks for the comments. Sounds right to me (fwtw).

Anyone remember the infamous ODTUG "developer patch" thread from last year? :)

It was a *real* classic, especially given the extreme skepticism that several old timers stated about Oracle's ever-shifting development "platform" pronouncements as contrasted to the kafka-esque process involved in trying to get the bleeting edge Oracle stuff to actually work in the "real world".

Anyway, minor clarification, I didn't write the text you quoted, I just forwarded it. It was written by:

"Openshaw, Michael"
< m i c h a e l . o p e n s h a w @ v e r i z o n . c o m >

I pretty sure Mr. Openshaw was just trying to "de-market-speak" the stuff from the guy at Oracle, as opposed to stating his own view. Note that he starts off saying that he is summarizing Oracle's statements, then after doing so, he expresses disagreement with Oracle's positions.

regards,
ep

On 26 Apr 2001, at 12:58, Jared Still scribbled with alacrity and cogency:

To:                     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com, "Eric D. Pierce" <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date sent:              Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:58:04 -0700

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu