Re: meeting of list participants working in DC area

From: Marc Perkowitz <mperkowitz_at_twjconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:43:11 -0800

I think that use of "guys" may be more of an Americanism. At least, my wife and I had our British B&B host in stitches when we were visiting the UK a couple of years ago and we used the term that way. For the next hour or so, he was walking around saying "hi, guys" and startling his other guests. Of course, he was a bit of a cut-up and could have been just joking with us.

Marc Perkowitz

Author: Marc Perkowitz
  INET: mperkowitz_at_twjconsulting.com