RE: how to store orace errors in database (UNIX scripting challen

From: Mandar Ghosalkar <MandarG_at_gsr-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:37:59 -0800

Guys

how about creating a shell script
#/bin/ksh
count=1
while [ $count -ne 10 ]
do

        oerr ora $count
        count="$(($count + 1))"

done

00088, 00000, "command cannot be executed by MTS server " // *Cause: Debug command issued on MTS server. // *Action: Reissue the command using a dedicated server. 00089, 00000, "invalid instance number in ORADEBUG command "

// *Cause:   An invalid instance number was specified in an OPS ORADEBUG
//          command.
// *Action: Reissue the command with valid instance numbers.

the output needs to be parsed and stored into a table. UNIX shell scripting masters can give me some hints how i can use maybe sed or awk to break each error output into three variables step1. first line till line before "*Cause" into first variable "error_message"
step2. line containing "*Cause" onwards till line before "*Action" into second variable "error_cause"
step3. line containing "*Action" onwards till end

any hints to start the work would be appreciated. now no RTFM pls..:)

-Mandar

Author: Mandar Ghosalkar
  INET: MandarG_at_gsr-inc.com