Load LOB's w/ SQL*Loader problem

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:29:06 -0800

8.1.7/Win2000

While loading a table with small tiff images (6k - 15K, out of line Blob) and supporting data using SQL*loader we experienced a problem that some of the images getting loaded aren't matching up with the supporting data. Row 95 has the images from Row 1985, etc. Appears to be random problem. Some images are correct, others are not.

Got rid of the readsize and bindsize and let them default and a test load of 5000 images looked like everything loaded OK. Now testing full load of 200,000 to see if that fixes the problem. Went from commit point of 5000 records down to 23 now that the read and bindsize are defaulting.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I'm offsite and working with them over the phone but will be heading in tonight so any ideas or thoughts you have I can try out tonight.

Thanks - Brian

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Author: Brian Wisniewski
  INET: brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 10:29:06 CST