RE: EMC TimeFinder, and EMC TimeFinder vs Hot Standby

From: Tim Sawmiller <sawmillert_at_state.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:37:18 -0800

Just make sure you have a mirror on each side of the fault line...

>>> sorr_at_arzoo.com 03/22/01 10:56AM >>>

I believe fiber channel makes this possible because it allow drives to be separated by about 60 kilometers (or is it 100?) without having any latency problems. I read somewhere that some shops have been able to roll their own SRDF/BCV-like triple mirror solution without having to buy huge, expensive 3rd party "boxed" solutions. Has anyone done this or know of anyone else who has?

I'd like to have some mirrored drives on opposite sides of the San Francisco Bay... of course this won't help me in a massive earthquake where the entire state of California slips into the Pacific Ocean. ;-)

Steve Orr

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Steve Orr