RE: NLS_DATE_FORMAT not effective..help!

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:04:27 -0800

  The CREATE TRIGGER ... AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE will work on a session by session basis. As each session logs on to the database it will execute the trigger for that user. I currently use it in my database to do a "alter session set current_schema=?" to that I can point different users to different default schemas (so that the applications were no longer logging into the schema that owned all the objects and the developers didn't have to change any of their code to qualify all the tables, views, and sequences).

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX