Re:Anybody using Network Applicance Storage boxes with Oracl

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:52:01 -0800

Helmut,

    We're scheduled to start spinning Net App disks for Oracle on Monday for the first time. Yeah, according to all of the research I've done it does not matter where you logically put datafiles on a Net App as the entire disk array appears as one HUGE drive to the OS. Now it's just can the beast handle the load. I've got a 300 Million row DW re-architecture project to run on it as both a proof of concept on NetApp and the DW. Should be fun!! I'll let the group know how it goes.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Helmut Daiminger" <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date:       3/20/2001 2:30 PM

Hi there!

Is anybody out there running Oracle on NetApp Storage Networking box?

I was told by some NetApp guys that using their boxes we don't have to worry about distributing datafiles, RBS etc. across the disks because the NetApp OS takes care of all that.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Helmut

Author: Helmut Daiminger
  INET: hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 09:52:01 CST