Re: Anyone used Fail Safe for NT?

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:43:40 -0800

This was for a single database on a Compaq cluster (active/passive) but I don't see any problems with multiple databases.. I didn't do the install of failsafe, but it looks pretty straightforward. I got called in because the database wasn't failing over to the other server in the cluster. I had to copy some of the .ora files and such to the other server and had to muck around in the registery a little to set up the failover machine but it was pretty easy.

The sysadmins had the hardware failing over by the time I got there so that wasn't an issue but I had to have them make sure the shared drives were available in the failover machine before the database was restarted.

email me if you want any specifics.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Brian Wisniewski