RE: Unix Cron job help

From: lerobe - Lee Robertson <LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:12:03 -0800

You could set up a marker file at the end of job A.

ie

if [ 'successful' ] # insert what ever code you would do to check this.

then

        touch job_ok
else

        'more code if failure'
fi

# End of script.

When job B kicks in just test for existence of file job_ok before backing up to tape. At the end of job B (or start of job A) delete the file. Personally I have the hot backup and the save to tape all in one script, I don't split the actions.

Regards

Lee

Author: David Jones
  INET: djones1688_at_hotmail.com

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Author: lerobe - Lee Robertson
  INET: LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 27 2001 - 03:12:03 CST