Re: Opinions on OLTP

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:49:50 -0800

I'm working on a project which is converting from DB2 to Oracle and possibly UDB. All of the current constraints are in the Cobol code and none are database enforced. A version of the data model is stored in Cool:Gen and we need to update this and use it to move all of the constraints from the code into the database.

We need to have someone who is familiar with Cool:Gen and the Cobol code go through and get the model updated before we move it to ErWin. Very tedious task which I am glad not to be tasked to do.

I agree the constraints should be enforced in the database for consistency sake.

Good luck.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Brian Wisniewski