RE: salary advise

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:33:16 -0500

Shuja,

I can give you the salary ranges in Saudi Arabia as on March 1999.

A developer gets SAR 5,000 to SAR 6,000 if he is working in a consultancy organization. Conversion Rate: US$1=3.75 SAR.

Apart from the above, in a consultancy organization, they give you 30 days vacation after the completion of 12 months and Air tickets from your work place to you home town (wherever it is on this earth). And of course they squeeze your blood.

Now, if you are joining a company ( I mean other than consultancy organization), then you will get lot more perks. The salary usually will be SAR6,000 to SAR8,000. They give you completely rent free furnished accommodation (I mean complete - Furniture, Kitchen vessels, House completely carpeted, TV etc). If you have family, generally, they give you 5 bed room house. (For a bachelor they may dump anywhere they like.) Complete medical reimbursement. Car Loan interest free. Also, sick leave. Complete reimbursement for the children education. 30 days vacation once in 11 months. Air tickets to home town to you and to your family (1 wife and 2 children). Of course Yearly Bonus. Many companies reimburse books purchases and also computer to your house. Reimbursement for your technical education --- most companies send the employees to the Oracle corporation for a course once in a year to upgrade their skills.

The above perks are fairly common in the entire gulf region. Perhaps salary may change.

Rao

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com