NEWB question no. 1

From: Margaret <chigarden_at_netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 05:28:38 -0600

Good morning all !

Okay...here goes with question #1

In reading and playing with SQL*PLUS I see that there is CHAR ( text strings that are padded to the length you set) and VARCHAR2 (text strings that are not padded). My question is why would one ever use CHAR ? It seems it would require MUCH more space

thanks,
Margaret Strother

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 05:28:38 CST