OEM email notification issues

From: Don Dealy II <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:48:51 -0800

I am having problems getting a value to appear in the FROM ADDRESS on the=  email that is generated via OEM for job or event notification.

I have tested with the following:
  OEM 2.1
  OEM 2.2
  db 8.0x
  db 8.1x
  MS Exchange SMTP gateway
  ISP provided SMTP gateway
  NT 4
  SUN 2.6
  Sequent Dynix 4x

I have been struggling with Oracle since mid-December on this, but they=  keep saying "we can't duplicate the problem, so we can't go to the=  developers with anything".

l have sent them traces, pointing out the problems. I have had OEM email=  the messages directly to Oracle support so they can see I'm not smoking=  weed.

After some rather extensive testing today, building up 3 new NT systems to=  test with, I have learned the following when configuring the OEM SMTP=  Gateway:

So, despite what Oracle claims, the mail gateway is not stripping out the=  FROM address.

Any ideas on what I can do? What should I look for? What questions should=  I ask my ISP or the MS Exchange people? Better yet, what should I be=  asking Oracle?

Thx for all your help. Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 22:48:51 CST