Re: Moving data from Oracle to SQL/Server

From: jared still <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:15:14 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Loughmiller, Greg wrote:

> Has anyone used the transparent gateway products that will allow access to a
> sql/server?? I'm not sql/server literate(not sure I wanna be either)
>
> got a client that wants to replicate their production database(Unix based)
> to a SQL/Server(NT4.0) for reporting purposes. They have multiple reasons
> for using SQL/Server which I won't bother to explain...
>
> Thanks in Advance...

Greg,

Check in to Sybase Replication Server.

It is very powerful and fits what you are trying to do.

Yes, it can replicate from Oracle to Sybase.

And I agree, I can't imagine why they want to. :)

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;) jkstill_at_teleport.com
jared_still_at_enron.net Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 17:15:14 CST