Re:RE: Big problem with 8.1.6.3 patch

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:01:12 -0500

Hate to state the obvious, but did you follow the install instructions totally? And have you called Oracle Tech Support?

Normally they have you run catalog.sql, catproc.sql, etc... after each patch install & these are the symptoms of not doing so.

Dick Goulet

Subject: RE: Big problem with 8.1.6.3 patch Author: "Molina; Gerardo" <Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com> Date: 1/11/2001 12:20 PM

I'm not sure about this particular patch, but normally you would perform a cold backup of your database and Oracle binaries prior to the patch application. This allows you to fall back to these (by doing a file restore) if the patch isn't successful.

I know this is not much help after the fact though.

Gerardo

Author: pascal dumas
  INET: pdumas_at_ota.fr.socgen.com

Author: Molina, Gerardo
  INET: Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 15:01:12 CST