Re: Describe over DB_link

From: Pat Hildebrand <pat_at_ssc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:13:43 -0500 (EST)

> Has anyone noticed any special behaviour by Describe
> when done over a DB_link?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. On the off chance that it is a situation where desc <table_name_at_db_link> doesn't work, I'll comment on this. We had routinely been describing tables over a db_link. When we set up an 8.1.6 database we found that this didn't work when going against a 7.3.4 database that we had routinely used a db_link to access from a 7.3.4 database. I wasn't the one who checked metalink and found that this was known behavior so I don't remember the details. I just stopped trying to describe over the db_link.

                          Pat