Re: Re[2]:Performance: NT vs. UNIX

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:02:45 +0300

Kevin,

oracle automatically determine number of CPU, so you don't need to set cpu_count parameter in init.ora
manually. But in case of NT upgrade from one to several cpu's you need to run a specific program
(can't remember it's name at the moment) in order that NT's kernel determines additional cpu's correctly

Ed