OT: The Florist

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:00:45 -0500

To ALL,

    This one got forwarded to me & rather cracked me up. Consequently I'll share.

 A shopkeeper moved to a new and better venue, and  many friends sent flowers for his Grand Opening. It  became clear that someone at a florist's shop had made  a significant mistake when one of the huge bouquets  arrived and the owner read the card: It said, "Rest in  Peace."

 Somewhat upset, he called the number on the enclosed  florist's card and asked what was going on. It was clear from his voice that he was really incensed.

 But he calmed down somewhat after the florist responded  to him by saying, "Sir, I do apologize for this  mistake. However, instead of being so angry yourself,  why don't you consider the other side? Somewhere  today there is a funeral taking place, and on one of  the bouquets, the card reads, 'Congratulations on your  new location.'" Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 12:00:45 CST