(no subject)

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:02:39 -0500

Ravi,

    I would ask how you've put the statement into your program. I have developers who thought the same as you, but they were doing a dynamic statement where the "where" part of the statement changed every time since they were not using bind variables. Could you post the portion of the program that is "causing the problem" or sent it over privately?

Dick Goulet
A very old Pro*C hacker

Author: "Ravi Vullanki" <rvullanki_at_hotmail.com> Date: 12/20/2000 8:35 PM

Hello,
My name is Ravi. I am having a problem when i am executing a pro*c program.The Gist of the problem is, I want to tune the application, and in my application there are 17 unique sql select statements, and when i execute it, for a single select statement it is taking approximately 1000 parsings(the stats are from TKPROF report),and i feel that a single select statement should be parsed only once when there is no change in my syntax. Can anybody help me with solution or possible website where i can find the relevant documentation apart from Metalink. Thanks in Advance for you time and help.

Thanks
Ravi Vaullanki

Author: Ravi Vullanki
  INET: rvullanki_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 09:02:39 CST