RE: Installation problem of oracle 8.1.6 on sun solaris 2.6

From: Jyoti Randive <jnair75_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:10:06

<P><BR></P>
<DIV>
<P>Hi Mala,</P>
<P>Hmm.... I got problems&nbsp; with ld_library settings .. Well it is tough to say without doing some monkeying around on the system. Check $ORACLE_HOME/dbs? alertlog for some error reported.</P>
<P>I remember once getting some error(not sure it was the same) due to the sequence of&nbsp; ccs/bin in the path one had has to follow other which is specified in the installation manual.) I will let you know as soon as I can grab a copy of the same. </P>
<P>It is a good idea to open a tar with Oracle on this issue as a secondary path.Check for any patch requirement on OS etc with Oracle.</P>
<P>Do you have 32 bit or 64 bit Oracle? I have intsalled 8.1.6(EE) on Solaris7 (2.7) without any porblem. I am not sure if it is a compatibility issue on 2.6(which should not be the case ).</P>
<P>well,HTH . Good luck.</P>
<P>Jyoti<BR></P></DIV>