Contract wording

From: Larry Hahn <lhahn_60_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:39:22 -0800 (PST)

Dear List,

We are about to purchase an application that uses Oracle. For various reasons, we will be purchasing the Oracle licenses from the vendor instead of Oracle themselves. We will also be buying Oracle support through the vendor, which in the language of the vendor, means that they want to be the middle man between us and Oracle for support calls. I want the option of going through the vendor or directly to Oracle to avoid this extra layer of
(mis)communication.

This being our first encounter with this type of setup, I was wondering if anyone had language that they use in a contract that addresses this situation.

TIA, Larry Hahn
DBA
Journal Sentinel, Inc.
Milwaukee, Wi 53203