RE: Contract wording

From: Larry Hahn <lhahn_60_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:18:53 -0800 (PST)

Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

That is exactly what we are going to work out with the vendor. It turns out that we werent getting any type of benefit (<$$$) from buying it from them. In fact, as you said, there was some question as to whether we could add any subsystems (additional tables, etc) to the app and be supported. It seemed ripe for future problems.

But, I think we have it worked out. We had them write that we had the choice of buying the license from them or getting it directly from Oracle. If we did license through the vendor, we had them put in language that they would provide us the CSI# and _we_ would have the option of going through the vendor or getting direct support from Oracle.

Thanks again for the response and have a great New Year.

Larry Hahn
DBA
Journal Sentinel,Inc