Re: DBVERIFY

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:59:25 -0800

The specific "fix" depends upon exactly which tablespace has the problem. For example if the problem is within an index only tablespace, typically all that is needed is to drop & rebuild the index that contains the "bad" block. At the other end of the spectrum is when the SYSTEM tablespace has the bad block. In this case you need to do a FULL database export/import.

HTH & YMMV! P.S.
MetaLink has a whitepaper or two on how to handle data tablespaces.

Majid Kazemi wrote:

> Hi All;
> DBVERIFY has confirmed that a block in one of my data file is corrupted.
> Does oracle provides any utility to fix this kind of problem? I run the NT
> diagnostic and NT verified there is no disk problem.
> I need your help.
> Thanks;
> Majid Kazemi

Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct
858-831-2229                  San Diego, CA 92131
While there are NO stupid questions, why am