Re:Public synonyms with multiple packages

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:02:00 -0500

Only one that I know of, find a new vendor.

Dick Goulet

Subject: Public synonyms with multiple packages Author: "Yttri; Lisa" <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com> Date: 12/20/2000 9:20 AM

I'd like to get some ideas on how to handle this problem

We have an oracle instance which happens to have multiple vendor packages installed. The problem is, a couple of these packages have a table with the same name. The first one has created a public synonym and, of course, when the second one tried to create one it couldn't. Is there any solution to this other than running these packages on separate oracle instances?

Thanks in advance -
Lisa
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Public synonyms with multiple packages</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I'd like to get some ideas on how to handle this problem</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>We have an oracle instance which happens to have multiple vendor
packages installed.&nbsp; The problem is, a couple of these packages have a table with the same name.&nbsp; The first one has created a public synonym and, of course, when the second one tried to create one it couldn't.&nbsp; Is there any solution to this other than running these packages on separate oracle instances?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks in advance -</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Lisa</FONT>