RE: Transparent Gateways

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:33:32 -0600

Hey Antal,

I just setup the RMS Transparent Gateway for some testing on an OpenVMS box. Ick. The documentation is VERY sparse and confusing at best. Metalink contains a ton of stuff on very little on the Oracle Gateways And I never did find any examples of how to properly make use of RMS indexes.

However, when I did get it to go, it worked very well for what I needed, albeit there was a bit of an NLS_DATE problem with a DECODE(TO_CHAR(datefield,'MMDDYYYY')...) returning a 2000-year date when it was supposed to be a 1900-year.

All I can say is "Good Luck!".

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com             Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

This message has been scanned for viruses with Trend Micro's Interscan VirusWall. Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 11:33:32 CST