Transparent Gateways

From: Tarkanyi Antal <tantal_at_nagev.hu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:36:46 +0100

Hi !

I would like to import data from heterogeneous datasources into Oracle8i (odbc, dbf,...)

Is there anybody out there who knows the "Transparent Gateways" or knows some better solution ?

I found some information about this on : http://technet.oracle.com/products/rdb7/htdocs/fs_gwys.htm

but How can I use this, do I need to install some product to use this ? or this is a part of Oracle8i ?
Would you be so kind to send me more information about this

>>The Rdb Transparent Gateways to PC Data provides customers with the
ability to access client-based data sources. This access is >>ODBC-based and includes all the popular client data sources such as MS Access, Excel, dBase and SQL Server.

Thank you in advance! Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 07:36:46 CST