Re: How to dbms_output LONG

From: Shreepad Vaidya <Shreepad.Vaidya_at_alltel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:00 -0600

Hi Rodd,
You could try to use file io supported in pl/sql by using utl_file package.
This is very helpful when you are dealing with "long" datatype .

          Or
Try this small script which will create a single output file for all the views.

set head off
set pagesize 0
set feedback off
set long 5000
col text word_wrapped
spool ddlview.lst
select ' Create view ' || owner ||'.' ||view_name || ' as ( ' ,text ,');'
from dba_views
where owner='<schema-owner>';
spool off
set pagesize 14
set pause on
set head on

HTH
               shreepad.

From: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET on 12/12/2000 16:20

To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET_at_CCMAIL cc: (bcc: Shreepad Vaidya/EMEA/ALLTELCORP)

Subject: How to dbms_output LONG

How do you get past the 255 limit on dbms_output in plsql? I'm trying to
dynamically generate some scripts from the data dictionary. However on
dba_views the "TEXT" column which contains the view definition is a LONG.
Some of our views are very long in their definition and when I run my procedure it fails because of the line overflow of 255.

TIA, Rodd Holman
Enterprise Data Systems Engineer
LodgeNet Entertainment Corporation
rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com
Comments made are my own opinions and views. They do not represent views,
policies, or procedures of LodgeNet Entertainment Corporation

Author: Holman, Rodney
  INET: rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 21:00:06 CST