Anybody tried 8.1.7 OEM on Solaris?

From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:36:40 -0800

Hi...!
 Please forgive me If I sound Fuzzy in this mail ...!

Problem:
 I am trying to Install & Configure OEM 2.2 on Solaris 7. I can not find OEMCTRL & EMCA programs after the installation.

 Downloaded Oracle 8i - Enterprise Edition (8.1.7) from the TechNet for Solaris 7 and installed it successfully. Database is running great!

Now I am trying to configure OEM for this. Until now I had the Management Server on the NT box and the repository on Solaris database, So I know how this whole thing works ;-) But now I am trying to move away from this Architecture and keep OMS, Repository on the same Solaris Machine.

OEM 2.2 looks great and I could get the following to work.

But I am clueless on what happened to the OEMCTRL. Without it, I can not start the OMS on Solaris, so I can not use the Console.

These are the products that are installed on the Solaris box as far as OEM is concerned ...

OEM Products 8.1.7.0.0
  Oracle Intelligent Agent 8.1.7.0.0
  Oracle Agent Extensions 8.1.7.0.0
  OEM Client 2.2.0.0.0
  OEM Website 2.2.0.0.0 Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 19:36:40 CST