Re: SYS password is not known (Oracle for NT)

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:48:51 +0300

Hi Rachel and List,

from time to time I need do some specific SYS's job (for instance run any rdbms/admin/*.sql ) I have dba user but haven't sys's password and time to wait while our busy dba 'wake up' (we are at development side). Look, it works for sys also. You need 5sec only to change the sys's password back.

SQL> select password from dba_users where username='SCOTT';

           PASSWORD
           -----------------------------
           F894844C34402B67

SQL> alter user scott identified by lion;
           User altered.

SQL> connect scott/lion
           Connected.

REM Do whatever you like...

SQL> connect system/manager

          Connected.

SQL> alter user scott identified by values 'F894844C34402B67'; User altered.

SQL> connect scott/tiger

           Connected.

Regards,
Ed