Re: Instance will not automatically started when NT server is rebooted

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:04:51 +0300

Hi Rick,

check out the following things:

  1. registry contains appropriate settings for ORA_<SID>_AUTOSTART, ORA_<SID>_PFILE registry keys
  2. comment in (or comment out? in other words put sign '#' - I always forget wich verb is right :-)) in the SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) parameter in the sqlnet.ora if the string exists there

Regards,
Ed

> Hi DBA's : I just created an 8.1.6 database on Windows NT.
> Create a service
> using oradim and made sure the startup was set to automatic
> in the services.
> But, the datasbe does not startup on rebooting, although
> the service shows
> as started. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manjula