Re: X$Tables Info : Attention - Jared

From: John Kanagaraj <JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:10:06 -0800

Alex,

Alex Hillman wrote:

> I think we need to charge people (maybe $1) for such questions. Jared
> wouldn't have to work anymore because India is a very big country and
> produce tremendous number of people who work with Oracle not knowing
> anything about it and also cannot or do not want to read books and
> docs.

  1. This list is for free - *you* can _choose_ to participate or not, and choose whether you want to ask/answer questions. There have been so many threads of late in this list that denigrate new DBAs and DBA wanna-be's, and that's sad.... If you don't want to answer or don't have the time, use the DEL key. This has been stated soooo many times that it should have gotten through to anyone who has been on this list even for a short while.
  2. I didn't know that anyone was keeping track of who is from where, or wants to keep track of such things. That remark and reference to my country of origin was rude and uncalled for. I wouldn't expect a long-time member of this list such as yourself - who has otherwise been helpful to all members, regardless of country of origin - to say such a thing. I only hope that this was a temporary aberration and leave it there.

As a side note, the question was about the X$ tables which are NOT documented publicly by Oracle, and IMHO was a valid question that could not be RTFMed (at least from the manuals).

Jared - Of late, this list seems to demonstrate a lot of intolerance. Could I request you, as the list owner, to remind us all once again why we are part of this great list?

--
John Kanagaraj
http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila

Disclaimer : The opinions expressed above are my own and do
not reflect those of MFI or its associates