Re: X$Tables Info : Attention - Jared

From: Shreepad Vaidya <Shreepad.Vaidya_at_alltel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:34 -0600

Dear Jared and all list members,

I would like to request all the members to refrain from this kind of harsh language.

Pls let's use the list for all it's intended purpose . Discussions regarding Oracle and it's related issues and Problems.

I think this list is of great help to all . The newcomers as well as the gurus.

I remeber my time when i had no one to ask or even discuss my problems . The only way was to read manuals and try out as many things as possible.

This list is a wish come true.

This list provides a much needed forum for discussion and problem solving.
So let's help and be helped.

I mean no offence pls. ( I am so gittery about even saying the above things lest someone should take offence).

               shreepad

From: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET on 11/12/2000 18:46

To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET_at_CCMAIL cc: (bcc: Shreepad Vaidya/EMEA/ALLTELCORP)

Subject: Re: X$Tables Info : Attention - Jared

John,

Thank you -- you said it much better than I did.

And I have known DBAs from many countries.... no one country holds ownership
of "most stupid DBAs" or "most brilliant DBAs". There are good and bad everywhere.

Rachel

>From: John Kanagaraj <JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Re: X$Tables Info : Attention - Jared
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:11:16 -0800
>
>Alex,
>
>Alex Hillman wrote:
> >
> > I think we need to charge people (maybe $1) for such questions.
Jared
> > wouldn't have to work anymore because India is a very big country
and
> > produce tremendous number of people who work with Oracle not
knowing
> > anything about it and also cannot or do not want to read books and
> > docs.
>
>1. This list is for free - *you* can _choose_ to participate or not,
and
>choose whether you want to ask/answer questions. There have been so
many
>threads of late in this list that denigrate new DBAs and DBA
wanna-be's,
>and that's sad.... If you don't want to answer or don't have the
time,
>use the DEL key. This has been stated soooo many times that it should
>have gotten through to anyone who has been on this list even for a
short
>while.
>
>2. I didn't know that anyone was keeping track of who is from where,
or
>wants to keep track of such things. That remark and reference to my
>country of origin was rude and uncalled for. I wouldn't expect a
>long-time member of this list such as yourself - who has otherwise
been
>helpful to all members, regardless of country of origin - to say such
>thing. I only hope that this was a temporary aberration and leave it
>there.
>
>As a side note, the question was about the X$ tables which are NOT
>documented publicly by Oracle, and IMHO was a valid question that
could
>not be RTFMed (at least from the manuals).
>
>Jared - Of late, this list seems to demonstrate a lot of intolerance.
>Could I request you, as the list owner, to remind us all once again
why
>we are part of this great list?
>
>--
>John Kanagaraj
>http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila
>
>Disclaimer : The opinions expressed above are my own and do
>not reflect those of MFI or its associates
>--
>--
>Author: John Kanagaraj
> INET: JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com

>San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com