Truncate table-Shared pool not sufficient!

From: B N RAMAMOHAN <ramamohan.bn_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:50:05 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I was trying to truncate a table which has a LONG RAW column. It has around 2000 records. After 20 minutes it gave the error which was something like "Shared pool size is not sufficient" (I dont know the error number/exact mesg now :( ).

Why did I get this error eventhough I was TRUNCATING the table?

Table desc is as follows:

Name                            Null?    Type
BLOB_PERSON_ID                  NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
BLOB_IMAGE_ID                   NOT NULL VARCHAR2(3)
BLOB_SEGMENT_NO                 NOT NULL VARCHAR2(3)
BLOB_FORMAT                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(1)
BLOB_SEGMENT                    NOT NULL LONG RAW
BLOB_SEG_OFFSET                 NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)
BLOB_TOTAL_SIZE                 NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)