RE: truncating listener.log under NT

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:14:12 -0000

Hi,

Another option I have used is to have 2 listeners running and setup the client's tnsnames to use either.
Then you can shut 1 down to truncate its listener logfile without stopping new users from connecting to the database.

Also, under NT it is still possible to get "tail" utilities so you can look at the bottom of the file without having to edit the entire file - consider the freeware GUI tail from http://www.rhazes.com/cgi-bin/Catalog.asp.

Anyone know of a freeware NT command line tail program?

Regards,
Bruce Reardon
mailto:bruce.reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au