Re: How to remotely start/stop oracle listener service?

From: Srinivas Pulla <spulla_at_deploy.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 00:00:28 -0800

Hi Bala,
http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/Windows/139/12.html Check out this site where you can find some cool NT utilities, you can download the rshd deamon ( or even from Nt resouce kit), and install it on the remote machine, and create a similar userid as the one you will be accessing on the remote machine ( eg: oracle and the same password as the remote oracle user) and then you can execute the command's on the remote machine
eg: rsh < remote host> -l < userid > < command >

 But if you logged in as the same userid as the remote machine's userid where you are executing the command, you may not require the " -l userid " and the command can be any command on the remote machine,(can be a batch file having the listener commands and an argument to execute the required command eg: status, start or stop).

 There are lot many ways to do this even, if you have Humming-Birds Exceed you can install the Telnet server, (or from Nt-resource kit) , using which you can telnet to the remote machine and execute the command interactively.

Let me know if you require more info.

Srinivas