Performance of Oracle and UNIX

From: Viraj Luthra <viraj999_at_lycos.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 05:19:11 +1000

Hello,

I need some help around here. I am a bit new at this, that is how to gauge ORACLE AND UNIX performance. I want to know what parameters I should measure so that I can say that my systems are performing well every morning.

Additionally what parameters you DBA's and SA's (system admin) look for in a performance tool (like BMC PATROL) right out of the box? That is these parameters come pre-configured, so that at a glance they can tell you that yes my systems are better managed with this tool and also conveniently.

Hope this is not a naive question but I need answers, fast.

Thanks and Regards,

Raja

Great Gift Idea! FREE cell phone, internet ready at Lycos Marketplace  http://www.inphonic.lycos.com/redirect.asp?referringpage=www.lycosd1 Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 13:19:11 CST