Re: I learned something today...

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:39:35 -0500

Hello Ron,

Yes. You can get those two passwords out of sync. If you always change them when the database is running, they should theoretically stay in sync. If you connect as SYS when the database is open, your password is validated against the one stored in the data dictionary. If you connect as INTERNAL, your password is validated against the one in the password file. I'm sure that's true if you connect as INTERNAL to the instance when the database isn't open. I think it's true anytime you connect as INTERNAL, but I'd have to experiment to be 100% certain.

Best regards,

Jonathan
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com

Thursday, December 07, 2000, 10:26:13 PM, you wrote: RR> I don't need to start a long discussion. I just wanted to point out that I had a point RR> clarified to me today about 2 different passwords becoming 1. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 10:39:35 CST