Problem with the Mailing list

From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:31:19 -0800

Hi !
 There is some strange problem with this mailing list ... Looks like a new feature is implemented by the list administrator, where if we have "v*a*c*a*t*i*o*n" in the subject/body, the mail gets rejected !!!

 I had to put the "*" in the above line, otherwise, even this message will be rejected....

How Silly !
Rama

This was my original message that was rejected ...

 Due to some software update (Sunrays) problem, our sysadmin, wiped out everything and re-installed Solaris 7 again with the correct Sunrays software.

 After this .. Our Sysadmin has gone on "v*a*c*a*t*i*o*n" and I am left alone :-(

Now the entries in VFSTAB are gone and we had only one FileSystem mounted after the update. Luckily I had old copy of the VFSTAB and I tried to put the old values in the VFSTAB and reboot several times. I could not get the other filesystems up. I tried to do a 'mount' from the command prompt too.... In the end I stopped working on it and left the work for the sysadmin after he comes back from "v*a*c*a*t*i*o*n".

All of a sudden (after 2 days of no activity), I see the Filesysystems mounted !!! As I said nothing happened for the last 2 days and there is no other user for this system. Do you have any idea about why the FS did not mount in the first place and then why they are mounted after 2 days??

TIA

Rama Malladi, Sr. Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified Professional (8 and 8i) Inteliant Corp., California
RMALLADI_at_inteliant.com