Re: Question for Peoplesoft DBAs

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:59:49 -0500

Rebuild the table using export/import or any other tools you have.

After doing so, I recommend updating data designer with the new information= . You can write some SQL to sync the Oracle dictionary with Peoplesoft (I =

do this) or manually update it using data designer.  The reason you want =
to do this is that when put on a patch/upgrade, Peoplesoft will generate =
alter commands for the changed objects.  It picks up its sizing from its =
own dictionary and not the catalog.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
(216) 781-4204

>>> <dmeng_at_focal.com> 12/4/00 12:45:20 PM >>>
PS DBAs,
I have a real 'dummy-level' question for you: I just took over a new PS database and I noticed some tables already have 51 extents after only a few days. I am trying to increase the next extent size. While I know how to do this in Oracle, I am not sure if this should be done via PeopleTools or via svrmgrl. If I have to use PeopleTools, where do I do that from? What kind of operations can be done via svrmgrl and what can only be done via People Tools?

Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications
847-954-8328

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: dmeng_at_focal.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 13:59:49 CST