Re: Again - TRACE - What does Out of async requests mean?

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_datsit.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:43:03 -0700

Had this problem once, caused by a disagreement between me and the sys-admin of how many physical volumes were needed per number of disks/controllers we had. I wanted 4 physical volumes, he insisted on 2, and that's what I got. The errors appeared the first day of production. Why? Because I had no ability to isolate sequential vs. random reads, or high r/w from low r/w. Everything was glommed between two physical volumes, including redo, archive, system, rollback.