Problem Importing

From: Rocky Welch <rockyw_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:54:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gang,
I'm receiving the following error on a Solaris 2.8 with Oracle 8.1.6 and 2gig memory:

IMP-00020: long column too large for column buffer size (40)

The error action in the documentation says this:

Cause: The column buffer is too small. This usually occurs when importing LONG data.

Action: Increase the insert buffer size 10,000 bytes at a time up to 66,000 or greater (for example). Use this step-by-step approach because a buffer size that is too large may cause a similar problem.

Following the recommendation didn't help. It doesn't seem to matter what value I put in I always get the same message. I was able to import the same table on an NT database with smaller init.ora settings. Any ideas?

TIA,
-Rocky

Rocky Welch
Senior Consultant - Internet Services Group Arthur Andersen

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 11:54:20 CST