RE: Personal Lab for study purposes... SOLVED!!!

From: McKown, John <JMckown_at_healthaxis.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:25:39 -0600

Try http://www.cheapbytes.com or http://www.linuxmall.com . As to which version of Linux? You trying to start a war? <grin> I run RedHat. It is one of the largest distributors. From some feedback that I've gotten, don't get version 7.0, but try for 6.2. Apparently RedHat put some "beta" code in their 7.0 distribution. I've read that "Storm Linux" is one of the easiest to install. Once Linux is installed, all the distributions should be very similiar. Both of the above sites carry "mega" packs which contain all the favorite Linux distributions at a reasonable cost. I'd probably go with one of those and then see which one works best for you. I.e. Try to install the "x" distribution. If that one gives you problems, try another.

John McKown
HealthAxis